Monday, January 31, 2011

Week #4 - Menu Planning in review

We had a wonderful weekend at the beach. Some time with family, then they all left and I had some peaceful alone time. The weather was great for the Oregon coast in January - sunny and 60 on my last day there! There's just something about the ocean for me - so peaceful and enormous and it reminds me what a HUGE God we have, to have made such an amazing thing. That's why the beach is always my choice for a personal retreat.

Photobucket

Photobucket


We did eat out a couple of meals with the family, but I cooked the rest of the time. A lovely breakfast of scrambled eggs, nitrite-free bacon, and hashbrowns. I even made homemade gluten-free clam chowder, which turned out better than I'd expect for a first effort.

So, menu planning seemed to really be helpful.  Unfortunately, I chose some new recipes that took a lot more time/effort to prepare than what I'm used to.  But it's a good experience.  And Megan helped me batter/bread the chicken nuggets and make homemade fries on Wednesday, so it was nice to spend the time with her, too.

Since I was at the beach this weekend and will be gone for dinner tonight (hockey game), I haven't planned this weeks' meals yet.  But I'll have it done by tomorrow.  It's definitely so much easier to know what we're eating and to have the food in the house!!!

So, the project for week #5 is a repeat of week #3.  Is that allowed?  Ah - my blog, my rules.  So, I need to fit in exercise most every day (at least 5-6 days per week).  I need to get back on track and to feel strong again.  I started early this week - a run on the beach on Saturday morning, and a long walk on the beach yesterday.  Plus hockey tonight.   Too bad those are the easy days, without family/stress to get in the way.  Tuesday through Friday will be more difficult.

Photobucket

Moving on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment