I wish I could have a day (or several) off of everything so I can take care of my to-do list. It's nothing serious. But every time I turn around, I see things staring me in the face. (Ah - maybe I should just hide everything - there's a solution!) It's not even a written to-do list - just a bunch of items that call to me when I look around. Right now I see:
1) Megan's new dress that ripped away from the seam after she had it on less than an hour that we need to return
2) CD to install the printer for my laptop (sitting there for months already)
3) New medical/prescription cards that I need to figure out how they work and put them in my purse
4) Papers to file
5) Daughter's purse to sew
6) Picture info from daughter's pictures - need to call about a missing class composite (from months ago)
7) School pictures to frame/hang (would be nice to do before the school year is over!)
8) Actual to-do list, including meal planning, some cleaning, and making a doctor appointment (already a month overdue)
9) Desk to clean - sheesh - all of this is on my desk!
(And that's just what I see from this spot.)
I make smaller lists and accomplish tasks, but I just can't seem to get on top of everything. I'd love to not have so many projects that call to me and distract me - especially when I'm supposed to be working. Maybe my desk isn't the best place to keep everything. But it's the only place that I know it absolutely WILL be dealt with (eventually) - since it's in my way.
Too bad the only time I really get "free" time, 100%, is when I'm too sick to deal with any of this. Some days I'd really love to be a stay at home mom, so it was my job to take care of the house. I mean, it obviously is, but maybe I'd be a smidge less distracted by crazy things like work.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment