I see so many people do "Menu Plan Monday" posts, so I thought I'd do mine, too. Although it may look a little weak, because I only have Monday through Wednesday planned. Which is not a failure in my planning, but because we'll be out of town Thursday through Sunday. There is a kitchen where we're staying, but I'm not sure yet what we'll bring/buy there - so I didn't officially plan those meals yet.
Without further ado -
Monday - Chicken and rice casserole (my recipe)
Tuesday - Baked ziti with sausage (recipe from Cook This Not That) - to use up some chicken sausage that Mark purchased a while ago - two batches: one with regular pasta for the family and one with brown rice pasta for me
Wednesday - Homemade baked chicken nuggets with baked fries and homemade ranch. A lot of new recipes for us, so I'm hoping they all go over well.
I do want to cook while we're away. I'm hoping for some seafood. Mark wants some clam chowder, I think (not sure if the kids will eat it). So I guess I'll look at recipes and see if it's too much of a hassle to take stuff with us and/or cook it there.
Between the meal plan and grocery shopping, it already feels more peaceful. Just knowing that there is food in the house and we don't have to scramble to feed everyone is wonderful!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment