Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Smack-down!

I really wish that meant that I was taking it to the new year and really getting things off to a great start.  But...sadly...not so much.

I started getting a bit sick on December 30, was mostly okay on New Year's Eve, stayed out too late that night and was stricken down on New Year's Day.  I spent three days in bed - just a cold, I'm sure - but dizzy and miserable.  I'm still not 100% but I'm on the mend.

The frustrating thing is that I had such good intentions for the new year!  Work on resolutions (or plans, at least), make lists, start off fresh, and most imporantly - exercise.  But I couldn't do any of that.  I couldn't even think straight, let alone get to the rest of that.

So, it's now January 7 and I have no resolutions.  No plan.  And no exercise yet this year (other than one ill-advised hockey game that I should have slept through).  Which makes me feel like 2011 really has it out for me.  I can't remember a year ever starting off so poorly.

But, moving on, let's just stop being overdramatic and realize it was just a cold.  No one has it out for me.  I'm just a week late on getting into the 2011 game.  But I need to get to it this weekend and be ready to go by Monday at the latest!  Moving on....

0 comments:

Post a Comment