Sometimes my life just feels really busy. And most of the time I realize that it's my own fault. This is one of those times.
With my new healthier eating plan, I'm cooking a LOT of items. Several things every day. Boy, I miss being able to reach for a CLIF bar whenever I want one! (Ooh - but I do have a recipe for a clif bar replacement - maybe I'll make that tonight.) In addition, the kids started swim lessons again, which is cutting into my dinner prep time. I'll get the hang of it all, I'm sure. Just takes some practice.
In the past couple of days, I have cooked chicken, uncured bacon, gluten-free french bread, garlic butter (okay, no cooking there), meatballs, waffles, zucchini/carrot bread, pasta/pizza sauce, and mixed ranch dressing - all from scratch. (I think there was more.) Today, I'm making guacamole, salsa, and chicken taquitos (again, all from scratch). Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I really should have taken some pictures at some point. But who has time for that when furiously cooking?? So far, everything has turned out really well. I just can't wait until we get some food in the freezer so we don't have to make every part of every meal each time.
And I've been exercising every day, as promised. Today is a little up in the air, though. It may be a late night workout (after the kids are in bed). Ah, the joys of having too much on the schedule...
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment