Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mid-Month Check-In

So, my Big Changes are going well. I wouldn't say they're easy yet, but they're good. I can see that they're worth the extra effort.

Food is getting easier. Except that it's still hard to find things that my picky eater will eat. But we're pressing on and she eats or she doesn't (or maybe we find her some fruit or yogurt). I'm getting more used to planning ahead so we don't have the 5:00 "what's for dinner?" conversation.

Exercise, on the other hand... Why is it so difficult for me to exercise regularly?? Even when I have said "every day, no excuses", I'm still full of excuses. I have come to realize that if I don't exercise before dinner, or at least develop a complete plan for exercising after dinner, that it won't happen. I need to digest first, so I'll sit down. And then I'm done for the evening. I just want to continue resting once I have sat. Done. But I have been doing better this week, after giving myself a stern talking-to. I'm 11 out of 19 for exercise days this month, but I intend to finish stronger.

So, there's the mid-month report. I'm feeling decent. I am horribly bummed that I haven't lost a single pound, though! Eating whole foods and exercising - seems like an obvious improvement. BUT, I've been eating too many carbs. I know my body prefers less carbs, but they're just so yummy. I'm going to have to cut back and eat more protein. I just wished I liked eggs for breakfast...

0 comments:

Post a Comment