I don't remember what I was reading. Something a few weeks ago. They asked what we wanted to focus on during 2010. Not like a resolution, necessarily, but just a focus. They asked if there was a specific word that came to mind. I think whoever was writing may have said "Simplicity" as their word.
Well, nothing came to mind at the time, but just this past weekend, the word "Purity" has really been in my head. That's when I remembered what I had read and decided that was to be my focus.
I feel like I have gotten off-track in that area. Things that really should bother me as a child of God don't bother me as much as they used to - crude jokes, cursing, stuff like that. And I WANT them to bother me like they used to. I feel like I'm conforming too much to this world and not standing out as different.
Romans 12:2 (NIV): "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Phillipians 4 was really speaking to me on Sunday, and especially this verse - Phil. 4:8 (NIV): "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."
I need to shift my thoughts back to being closer to God's thoughts. And be offended by the things that would offend God. That is the kind of example I want to be to my children.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment