Exercise went well this week. Five days out of seven. Of course, some mean-spirited imp who is against me exercising (ah - I wonder if I'm actually sabotaging myself???) allowed me to bang my toe on a pile of tile this afternoon. But I still worked out today. Hopefully I can keep it up, as it does really hurt still (mid-foot).
This week's project is to....
Speak Nicely (especially to my husband)
I seem to be realizing that I speak negatively a lot. I don't think it's intended to be mean-spirited, but more of a habit at this point. Like maybe it moved from sarcasm to a vent for any negative feelings I have. But that's not fair to him. Especially when I speak negatively about him in front of other people. We're a team, and if I have issues with him, I need to speak to him directly (and in love!!!). In front of others, we should be a united front of people who love each other and want to show each other support.
So, I intend to catch myself BEFORE saying anything negative this week. But if I don't, I need to apologize for it (if it's hurtful to others). And really be more careful with my speaking.
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment